All the rapid political changes happening nationally and locally mean there are many important actions we need to take as educators, community members, and civic agents. We also need to partner with organizations doing similar work, speak up to our state and national representatives, and reach out to people looking for ways they can take action.
Here are a few of the actions Richmond TSJ will be working on in the coming months:
1. Supporting undocumented students and families
2. Coordinating and promoting a monthly, national teach-In on public education
3. Co-organizing a Protest Art Workshop for teachers in April with Art 180
4. Planning a LOVE Public Schools Concert in the spring to promote public education
5. Fundraising (T-shirts, etc)
We are looking for people to join these efforts. If you are interested in getting involved in any of these, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rather than hold regular RVA TSJ meetings, we will be supporting these focused actions and events. We will all still be able to come together at events like the workshops and concert. In the meantime we are encouraging members (and prospective members!) to use the time that would otherwise be devoted to meetings to work on these efforts.
Questions? Please don't hesitate to email email@example.com