TSJ Curriculum Fair
October 19, 2013
October 19, 2013
Holton Elementary School
Richmond Teachers for Social Justice is a group of educators and allies dedicated to creating a just, democratic, sustainable and caring society through education, solidarity and social action. Our membership includes public and private PK-12 teachers, pre-service teachers, university faculty, adult educators, parents, students, community workers and anyone interested in working for social justice in education.
The Richmond Teachers for Social Justice is seeking proposals for its first Curriculum Fair to be held Saturday, October 19, 2013 at Holton Elementary School, 1600 West Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, VA 23227.
We are seeking proposals for 90-minute presentations. Each presentation should be participatory in nature, with at least 30 of the 90 minutes designed for an interactive activity. All workshops should include at least some inquiry based, participatory, and/or interactive components. Each presentation should address one or more of the following: Promoting democracy; multi-cultural education; social, racial or economic justice.
We are seeking instructional strategies that work at all educational levels from early childhood to post-secondary. We encourage content that will meet the diverse needs of all students: cultural, economic, language, learning, special needs. We also strongly encourage presentations that address community, family, and school engagement.
· Concurrent sessions will be one hour and thirty minutes in length.
· Sessions may be offered more than once during the Fair.
· Preference will be given to proposals that are interactive in nature.
· Please type or print clearly.
· The title and description should accurately reflect the content, activities, and outcomes of your session.
· Submit a one-page document that describes your workshop in detail, including the activities that will be used and the issues that will be addressed.
· Provide a 50-word description that can be used in the program.
Deadline for submitting proposals is September 9, 2013.
Presenters will be notified in mid-September whether they have been chosen to present at the Curriculum Fair.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a proposal form